Saturday, December 13, 2008

Beginning of the results

I have started to see what effects this program is going to have for me. It's nice to change almost immediately.

With the last paycheck I got, almost all of it goes toward my mortgage. It's sad to see it go. However, it leaves me a little bit of money to do what I need to. With the extra leftover, I almost paid off all of my bills for the month as well. Since I was able to save little portions, I was able to take that money and pay bills. With the check that I get next week, I will be able to pay off some more debt.

The savings account has been created and I'm able to put money into that. The plan was to put the money from my tuition reimbursement in there, but I've started to dump money in already.

I've also started to try and sell some of my stuff that I don't need. eBay is usually a good place to do that. I've also tried using craigslist and ksl. If I can start to gather some money from some things I don't need, it can go straight to paying off debt.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good for you, Greg. We are great fans of Dave Ramsey!